Adieu forever future!

LETTER TO MY FUTURE

My dear future, today is one of the saddest days of my life, because I have made the bitter decision to do without you. Be realistic and accept it, you too have aged and you are too short for me to trust you with my ambitions.

You no longer stimulate or excite me. I still remember with great nostalgia when you and I were young. I trusted you and you reciprocated with infinite generosity, because I believe that you, with your eloquent silence, also trusted me.

You wanted to give me all the satisfactions and happiness that the future can offer, but the damn past crossed your path and you didn't have enough strength to get rid of it.

So today I reconciled with my past, because at least he keeps the best of what we wrote between the two of us.

Goodbye, my faithful friend and companion we all end up dispensing with our future, and I am no exception,

Adieu forever future!

CARTA A MI FUTURO

Mi querido futuro, hoy es uno de los días más tristes de mi vida, porque he tomado la amarga decisión de prescindir de ti. Sé realista y acéptalo, tú también has envejecido y eres demasiado breve para que yo confíe en ti con mis ambiciones.

Ya no me estimula ni me excita. Todavía recuerdo con gran nostalgia cuando tú y yo éramos jóvenes. Confié en ti y tú correspondiste con infinita generosidad, porque creo que tú, con tu silencio elocuente, también confiaste en mí.

Querías darme todas las satisfacciones y la felicidad que el futuro puede ofrecer, pero el maldito pasado se cruzó en tu camino y no tuviste la fuerza suficiente para deshacerte de él.

Así que hoy me reconcilié con mi pasado, porque al menos él guarda lo mejor de lo que escribimos entre nosotros dos.

Adiós, mi fiel amigo y compañero, todos terminamos prescindiendo de nuestro futuro, y no soy la excepción, ¡

Adiós por siempre futuro!